Friday, October 17, 2008

Holy Sha-moly!!!!

On this gloomy cloudy day, I had to make a weekly trip to Walmart. It is so yucky outside and my boys were being very, let's see, what's the word, BAD!!!!!!! They were driving me insane. I always put Bleeze in a stroller and make Eli push it (germ issue with the shopping car). So we are zooming through Wally World with Bleeze screaming to the top of his lungs because he wants this printing machine he saw in the craft department. It cost $100 and was for adults. For some reason he got it in his head that it blew bubbles. It has nothing to do with bubbles. After trying to explain for 10 minutes, I just let him wail and blocked the noise out ( I am really good at that) so I am walking through the lingerie department and what do I see but this.....











No your eyes are deceiving you.... it is LEG WARMERS! YES 1980's leg warmers. I said, "OH MY GOSH" Eli said "What in the world is that? I explained and he looked me and said, "Why in the world would anyone wear those?" I said, "I don't really know, all I know is that many moons ago, I had a pair in every color of the rainbow. I even had leopard print. LOL!!!!!" He said, "You are not going to buy them now are you." LOL!!! I said, "nope, don't think you will see me wearing those this go around" I could not believe it. It brought me so much laughter and flooded back memories of those ugly things. I got a great stress relief from my screaming child who by this time screamed himself to sleep! Thank God for leg warmers in the 1980's for making me "cool" and thank God for them today for giving me a good laugh!!!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

BAHAHAHAHA!!! why were they in the lingerie department? they look a little kinky to me. LOL!!!! i would think they would be in the accessory? oh well....i can't believe they are back. How whitney houston! HA!!!