Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gratitude

For the past couple of years we(the boys and I) always talk about what we are grateful for. The boys have gratitude journals and so do I. We try to write things in them everyday. I've been doing this for a long time. I always tell my boys to have the "attitude of gratitude". What is gratitude? The dictionary defines it as "a feeling of thankfulness and appreciation". All of my cafemom friends, especially Elle, "count their blessings" everyday. Candy list her top five things she is thankful for that day. I have been inspired, not to be a copy cat or anything but I am going to try to list some things each day that I am grateful for. All of my cafemom friends and Candy, you make me think each day. I've been doing this for a long time in my journals here at home but I think I would like to share my thoughts with others. I can only hope to be half the inspiration you guys have been to me! Thank you! I love you all!!!!

So here is today's list:
I am grateful for:
1. Friends who inspire me to share my heart with others.

2. Fun times at the park with Brandi, Anna, Ava. Bleeze and Anna were precious playing "honey and mom".

3. That I am able to go on weekly date nights with my boys. That one-on-one time is truly precious. I loved my time with Eli tonight. He made me laugh until I cried. He is such a sweet boy. I have great times with him.

4. I am grateful that I laughed until I cried.

5. That my sweet Bleeze got his Scooby Doo set tonight when he and Tommy had their date night.

6. TIVO...without it I would never get to watch my TV shows.

7. My husband that loves me and works long hard hours every single day. He's the best.

8. Last night but not least by far, An awesome God who loves me and is constantly watching out for me, shining His favor on me, crowing me with His glory, and making my crooked places straight!!!

No comments: