Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Short order cook....

This morning I did my normal biblical devotion and also did some prayer journaling . As I read back through my journal entry I noticed how it was a bless, give me, grant me, show me, teach me, guide me, a thousand request from the Almighty. I started to think about how that must make God feel. I mean I have those days when the demands of my family completely wipe me out! I am so frustrated by the end of the day that I want to strangle someone.



You know the scenario....." I'm thirsty can I have drink, I'm am hungry can you get me some food, I don't like this can you make me something else, clean this up, clean that up, buy this for that one, take this one here, take that one there, clean that up, pick that up for him, make that, buy that, show that, give that it is NEVER ending when you are a wife and mother. I am not complaining I am making the attempt to make a comparison.



For those of you who are moms you are going to completely understand this. Have you ever made a meal that you were really proud of. It took you hours to make, you worked really hard only to have your kids fuss about it, not like or just gobble it up with no praise, your husband come in gobble it with no thanks or praise. Then you are left to clean up the dirty dishes and kitchen. This happens to me actually often. I always say I feel like a short order cook. I wonder if God ever feels this way. We are constantly asking him for things, he is constantly doing things for us that we do not even see, and then to top off he blesses us so often and we just gobble the blessing up with out a thank you or praise!



Now I know that God is God and he is compassionate and he realizes that I am just a fallen sinner saved by His grace. I understand that he knows me like no other but at the same time the scriptures tell us "if we don't praise him, the rocks will cry out" I really do not want a stupid rock crying out in my place. Now again, for those of you who do not truly understand praise or worship. I am NOT talking about an outward emotional experience. I am talking about a praise that lives inside me 24/7 and worship that is never ending. That is what I want my life to be. I want God to receive all the Glory for EVERYTHING in my life. He is so deserving. I never want him to feel like a short order cook. You know like at the Waffle House, where a thousand request are made of him at once with no special recognition or me as a mom and wife full filling all of lifes necessities and often feeling forgotten. That everyone is too busy to stand back and realize what is being done for them. I want to give him glory and praise at all times!

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:14