Monday, January 26, 2009

What's Up?

What's up with me? Oh my, last week seemed like a whirlwind. I was really busy. We did manage to have a really great weekend though. Friday night we went to dinner as a family. It was fun. I enjoyed some Mexican food which I haven't had in weeks. SO YUMMY! After dinner we headed to Walmart! (I have said before, I love being with my family but in Walmart, it seems to always turn into a nightmare.LOL)

Saturday was lazy day. We slept in and I worked on a cake for Shane. I really hope that he liked it. He turned the BIG 30! I was happy to make it for him! I was even happier to have dinner with them Saturday night after we went to church. We had fun at Red Robin.

Sunday morning we slept in again (love Saturday night service) LOL! Then we we visited with my mom for a bit. She is still recovering from the 2nd eye surgery. Then I cooked dinner for my mother-in-law and her friend Jeff. We had a nice time visiting with them. Tommy and I have recorded all the episodes of that show The Secret Life of an American Teenager. We stayed up later watching them trying to catch up. It's kinda stupid but very interesting how they bring God into it.

This morning it was back to the normal. Trying to get all the mom/wife duties done around here, homeschool, etc. Hoping Brandi is feeling better tomorrow. Poor thing, they have all been sick! We have tons of work to do for next week's switcharoo's! Can't wait! I also had to take my mom to the doctor this morning. She is doing some better. Still no vision but seeing some light and movement. So I am staying optimistic. I still believe in the healing power of God through his son Jesus! I had tons of fun chatting with Candy today. Just like the good old days. I am so glad to have her back in my life. God is so good!

I cooked dinner tonight, did laundry, got the boys in bed early and watched TV w/ my sweetheart. We even did all our crunches together. It was really funny! LOL!
There is a brief update on what I have been up to. Going to add some gratitude and hit the sack. Got another busy day tomorrow. Good night.

So grateful for...

* Saturday night service at Grace. I don't feel rushed and I am really able to soak in all that God has for me.
* Fun times at the Red Robin with special friends.
* Sleeping in (even if it only 9am, that is late for me)
* Family time
* My mom seeing some movement and light!
* My hubby and boys
* Morning talks with Brandi and afternoon talks with Candy..(why do all my friends names in in i or y) LOL!
* Crock pot liners....they make clean up a breeze!

No comments: