Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Eli



Well....today was the day. My big boy turned 12. It seems like yesterday I was holding him for the very first time in my arms. Looking at those big blue eyes just stare around....so cute. Time has flown by. I must say, he is such a joy and a pleasure to have as a son. We are blessed. I told him tonight that he is going to grow up to be a mighty man of God. In fact.... he is already becoming a mighty man of God.

Today was fun as he went to his favorite Chickfila for lunch and did a little shopping. He chose his favorite meal of spaghetti and meatballs and he did not want a cake but he wanted Mom-ma to make him a sweet potatoe pie. He is so funny! He was so happy to have my parents here with him to enjoy his birthday dinner and pie along with watching Despicable Me. SUCH A SWEET MOVIE. I really want me a little Agnes to come live with us. She was precious. So for now. Some Gratitude for my sweet boy Eli.

These are some of my favorite things about Eli...just a few...

1. That is my gift from God. I have always told him he is my angel.

2. His love for God.

3. His strong convictions and how I see him growing into becoming more "man-like"

4. His absolute love for dogs

5. The leadership qualities that he has even now as a 12 year old boy are unreal and let me know that he is going to be a great leader one day.

6. The way he thinks of his room as his apartment and keeps it so clean and "hip"

7. The way he has such sweet moments with is brothers despite the times he argues with him.

8. The way he reminds me so much of his father. (the good and the bad...LOL) gotta love it all.

9. His polite nature

10. His servants heart towards others.

11. The way that I have to say to him every night. "I love you, see you bright and early in the morning sunshine" or he can't go to sleep.

I could go on and on but I am tired....LOL! Plus I think a mother could never express all her love for her children. Eli is a wonderful child and I am so blessed to be his mom. Happy Birthday precious boy!

No comments: