Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hump Day News

Not to much to blog about right now. Same old stuff. Running around around like a chicken with its head cut off. Had errands to run, things to do, people to see. I will share two things.

At our church, Grace Church, Eli is particpating in a program there that is great. It explains how we are each on a journey. Everyday we have a ton of decisions to make - to talk or to remain silent, to act or to do nothing, what to say, what to do. Ultimately, our choices are made based on whether or not we want to follow Jesus.

Through the concept of ROAD - Read Observe Apply Depend - they show the importance of regularly spending time reading and learning from God's Word. So they have a "ROAD MAP" to follow. We purchased a journal and Eli has been reading and writing in his ROAD MAP journal everyday. I have to say that this has been very exciting for him. He is really enjoying it, plus it is getting him to read. WHICH IS GREAT!!!! He is taught to Read the scriptures, Observe the details such as who,what, when, where, and why it was written, Apply it to HIS personal life, and then Depend on it to help him. They give a bookmark for each week with three scriptures and then on the other days he can choose his on. This week his scriptures have been on "FACING HARD TIMES". I can really see where he is applying what he has learned to his life. I love seeing my baby hungry and thirsty for more of God. GOD IS AWESOME!!!

Last night was our date night with the boys. This week I had a date with Bleeze. My plan was to take him to the park but it was crowded with ball players so I decided to give him a treat. He told me the other day, "I've never had a pet of my very own" So that broke my heart. Eli was an only child for almost 7 years so he got to experience many things that Bleeze has not. Just because of the way the cycle of life is. So we went to PetSmart. He got his first very own pet.....Kenny the fish. We got him a sweet little BETA fish. He loves it so much. LOL! I will post some pics of him and his fish later. We had a blast. We spent over an hour in that store. It made my allergies go crazy and my left eye was swollen, itchy, and red last night. It was worth it to see his sweet smile on his face. Now he has his own pet! He always says the dog belongs to Eli. He is so funny!

I am excited about my cake decorating class tonight and then tomorrow is Coffee Connection at Grace. I can't wait! It is always amazing!

So for now... I am off to homeschool and clean my house! Peace out!

No comments: