Tuesday, August 23, 2011

transfer of the blog

Playing catch up… August 22, 2011
Filed under: Uncategorized — allisonbagwell @ 9:33 pm

Lately I have been feeling overwhelmed by just life in general. It has been really crazy lately and I am really trying to get grips on everything. Just some small updates about the past few weeks. We have enjoyed some time at the lake and weekend before last Tommy took me to Atlanta for the weekend to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary. We had planned to go to NYC or LA but I can’t travel more than 3 hours from home and NO flying due to be AMA (advanced maternal age) LOL!









We had a nice time in Hotlanta, and believe me it was HOT! It was probably not the ideal place for a very preggo woman to do a ton of walking. On Friday evening we arrived a little late. We went and had quick dinner at the internationally known VARSITY! Tommy and never been there. It is the largest drive in the world. It was very yummy and great for a preggo lady craving junk to eat. We took advantage of the movie selection in our hotel that evening and watch Hanna….weird…Tommy always chooses the strangest movies!

Saturday morning we walked to the Westin Peachtree and had lunch up 73 stories at the Sun Dial restaurant. It was so good! This southern girl was loving the vanilla/orange iced tea. It was delicious! Then we spent the afternoon walking, shopping, etc. However, after a few hours in the heat we decided that we would go for a swim and then we watched the movie “Life as We Know It”. It was a sad but cute movie. That evening we had dinner at Pitty Pat’s Porch. It was NOT that great! We decided that it was really not worth the money and the food was NOT that good. I will write about that later.

Sunday morning we slept in and then had lunch at Mary Mac’s Tea Room. It was delicious! I would love to have some of the food now. LOL! It was really cool to see all the famous people who had eaten there with the autographed pictures on the wall. Rev. Charles Stanley was right beside my face. LOL! However, there were MANY other celebrities from presidents-tv stars on the wall. The southern food was my favorite meal for the weekend.



This past week on Thursday, Tommy gave into a very often requested wish of Bleeze and we took him to Frankie’s Fun Park. We had dinner at Johnny Rocket’s and then they boys (including Tommy rode the Drop Zone and go-carts) Bleeze had been begging to go for literally about two months because he wanted to see if he had grown enough to drive the beginner’s go-carts. Praise God he had! He would have been devastated if he had not grown enough.

This past weekend we spent some time at the lake again. We had our neighbor and fried Cameron join us. On Saturday, Tommy’ s Dad Tony and his wife Tammy and my niece Lexi spent the day with us. We had a nice time riding the boat and just chilling out!

Now we are back to reality… so much going on and it seems like every time we turn around there is an issue with something…. something is breaking, help not working out, someone not doing what they were supposed too, you know…LIFE! I have decided to start two more blogs of what is on my mind and my special finds and a food blog… LOL! So stay tuned for those.

Hope everyone has a great week! Catch you later.

Leave a Comment

Weekend Wrap Up July 25, 2011
Filed under: Uncategorized — allisonbagwell @ 3:57 pm

We had a nice weekend. Friday was kinda rushed and nothing realy exciting. Eli had Third Friday for church he had a fun time swimming and eating pizza with his small group. While Tommy, Bleeze, and myself had a yummy dinner at this new Mexican restaurant! I cannot remember the name of it but it was good and very inexpensive. I will try my best to get the name of next time I am in the area.

Saturday we spent the day in Charlotte with my family to celebrate my sweet nieces third birthday. I have to admit that I am very happy that her favorite restaurant is Cheddars because it is so yummy! LOL! We enjoyed spending time with them.

Yesterday we enjoyed a wonderful message at church, lunch at the airport to watch the planes and come and go, and the rest of the day was a lazy Sunday. I watched the marathon of Little House on the Prairie from the Hallmark channel and then finally at 8:30 last night we had a gourmet dinner… (LOL….grilled cheese sandwiches).

This week is busy for all of us and I look forward to the upcoming weekend for some time at the lake. For now though, hope you all have a great week and I hope to keep up with my blog!

Leave a Comment

Weekend wrap up a little late…. July 20, 2011
Filed under: Uncategorized — allisonbagwell @ 5:36 pm

Well, we had a fun weekend last weekend! We made it all about the boys. We took them to the flea market (they love to go and I love to antique shop). Then we went to the mall where we had lunch and walked around for a bit, then we went to the movies to see Transformers 3 (awesome movie), and then we went to play putt-putt at the downtown indoor fun center, and then topped the evening off with dinner at Trio. It was a great night. Do you know how much money we spent? $40. Yep, that’s it. With coupons and barter partners that’s it! That was a fun day and the boys enjoyed every minute of it.

Sunday we went to church where I heard my favorite quote of the week. “Sin makes you stupid”-Bill White! So good! Then we were off to Cracker Barrel for lunch and then we went to register our little Suri at Buy Buy Baby! The boys had so much fun! It was hard to get them out of the clothes though. They were so excited, the thing we could not get them to understand is that just because you register for it, doesn’t mean you are going to get it. LOL! The rest of our Sunday was spent being lazy!

Great weekend! So grateful for it!!!!!

Leave a Comment

Fun little getaway……. July 12, 2011
Filed under: Uncategorized — allisonbagwell @ 3:17 pm

We had a good little weekend away this past weekend in Helen GA. Helen is such a fun little town with its German heritage. The boys had a great time Saturday tubing down the Chattahoochee River while my parents hung out with preggo at our cute little bungalow nestled along the river watching Lifetime movies. LOL! We enjoyed just visiting the different shops and a yummy dinner out on Saturday evening. Sunday we visited Moccasin Creek State Park (Beautiful) for just a nice relaxing time before returning home to get ready for this busy week.








Enjoy our pictures from this past weekend.

Leave a Comment

It’s a ????? July 8, 2011
Filed under: Uncategorized — allisonbagwell @ 1:35 pm

On Wednesday, July 6, 2011 we headed to the doctor to find out what we were having. We were all excited to find out if it was a boy or girl! Which would it be???? It was funny as I was lying there for the ultrasound I could see how all three of my guys were so anxious to see what it would be. After what seemed like an eternity of the ultra sound tech clicking different measurements and showing us different body parts…. we finally saw the one that we all were waiting for. It was a GIRL!!! yahoo!!!!

After the ultrasound and doctor’s appointment we headed to the mall to pick out an outfit for the revealing party. (so fun watching my three guys ooo and ahhh over all the little girl clothes) . We were honored to host our closest friends and family for dinner and the big reveal. All the guest put their names in a drawing to be one of two lucky winners to reveal the sex and name of our new baby. I was so happy that my best friend Candy’s name was drawn for the sex revealed. I found it funny to watch her removed layers of alternating blue and pink tissue paper until she finally reached the bottom which revealed the sweet pink outfit!!!! My precious niece name was drawn for to reveal our sweet girl’s name which will be Suri Elizabeth Bagwell.

After such a wonderful night I feel extremely blessed and I am so excited to meet the precious baby girl that God has given us to complete our little family. Enjoy the pics from our special day!!!















Leave a Comment

happy 4th of july! July 8, 2011
Filed under: Uncategorized — allisonbagwell @ 1:17 pm

We had a great 4th of July at the lake. Eli brought his friend Zac and we had a great time. The boys enjoyed the usual tubing, jumping of very high rocks (yikes), swimming, and jet skiing. We enjoyed fireworks at the sandbar on Sunday evening.





Leave a Comment

Summer Days…. June 30, 2011
Filed under: Uncategorized — allisonbagwell @ 8:58 pm

I love Summer, it is my favorite time of year. I would rather be warm than cold any day and I love all the color! The past week or so we have been so busy with work, it is has been crazy. Both Tommy and I are swamped right now but we have manged to have some fun with dinners, bachelorette parties, birthday party, graduation parties, swim time with friends, and much more!

My Belly ( or little baby) is growing everyday and we have less than a week until we find out if we are getting us a little boy or a little girl. I can’t wait until our big reveal party next week! It is going to be so much fun!

Lately, I have been doing a ton of thinking about people and the way the present themselves and how their actions always cause issues for others. It has really made me start to think about everything I do and say, for example……lately neglagence from staff from several places has made ME look negligent. The stupidity of hackers has made me look stupid. The bottom line is I make enough mistakes on my own that I do not need the help of anyone else. LOL! Okay….getting off that soap box and on to another.

I am writing a book. I know some of you are laughing your tails off right now but hey…. I have always wanted to write a book. I decided that if I was every going to do it, then I might as well start on it ASAP! Please say a prayer that I will write with wisdom and in love. I get tickled when I think about writing a book because I think, is my book going to be like Blanche’s book from one of my favorite episodes of the Golden Girls….You know the one….where she stayed up all night writing and nothing made sense! Hahahaha!

Well, it is dinner time at the Bagwell’s and I have got to go cook. I am looking forward to the weekend with my family and celebrating the 4th of July! We are headed to the lake for a few days and I am excited!

So for now peeps….Peace out….

Leave a Comment

Proud of my guy…… June 24, 2011
Filed under: Uncategorized — allisonbagwell @ 1:51 pm







Being the proud Mama that I am, I have to brag a little bit. My sweet Eli, has always been a hard worker. I can remember when he was 3 and 4 years old him being such a great helper and worker. He always works hard at what he does. He loves to organize and clean (even to the point of becoming somewhat annoying at times…LOL) but I am thankful. I would rather him be a hard worker than lazy.

This week, he got in his head that he wanted to purchase a couch from Ikea for his bedroom. He went on-line, picked what he wanted, measured his room to make sure that it would fit then he went to work raising the money to purchase the couch. He sold two chairs from his room that he already had, he went to several doors in our neighborhood and offered to cut their grass. He designed a flyer that offers car washing, house cleaning, and lawn care. He cracks me up. Right now, this minute, he is mowing grass. Now, what you have to understand is that Eli is a bit of a perfectionist, that yard will look like professional landscapers got a hold of it and it was my sweet Eli for only $20 bucks. God Love him!

I am enjoying seeing him grow into a man…. I can see it everyday and I am so very proud of him.



Leave a Comment

busy beaver June 23, 2011
Filed under: Uncategorized — allisonbagwell @ 6:30 pm

I have been so busy the past week. Trying to roll out new products, entertain two boys for the summer and fight off pregnancy symptoms. We had a very busy weekend last week that included lots of cake orders, graduation parties, memorial service and family dinner for Father’s Day. Monday was busy in the morning but did manage to squeeze in a swim with my brother and his family.

I have been so bad about logging my gratitude. Not that I haven’t been grateful. I think about it every night but I have had a hard time actually blogging it. Going to do it now. Got so much to be thankful for!



1. Thankful for my sweet hubby and boys!

2. Grateful for time with family.

3. Grateful for the time I got to hold my new nephew and watch him hold onto my shirt and stare at me…. so precious!

4. Grateful for busy times but yet rewarding.

5. Grateful for new creativity!



Hope all is well! Catch up more soon with everyone!

Leave a Comment

Shipping issues for Allie B. Originals (hopefully resolved June 23, 2011
Filed under: Uncategorized — allisonbagwell @ 1:20 am

Each week we take all the mail for Allie B. Originals to be shipped twice (Tuesday and Friday). Last week after many complaints that people had not received their packages mailed the previous week, I went to the post master to see what the problem was. I have had numerous problems with the postal service and I had made the decision to go with UPS. Going with UPS was a hard decision for me because I will now have to charge shipping to my clients where in the past I have not.

At my trip to the post office we discovered an crate with my mail as well as some other bulk shipments from other individuals/companies that had been placed in a box and under and a counter and had NOT been shipped. The post office offered to make it right for me and promised to ship the packages. I discovered today after another very long discussion with the post master that they did not mail the packages out until Monday afternoon due to the “issue” being under investigation to try to see who neglected to mail the packages. I was under the impression that the postal service in order to make this situation “right” would at very least “priority mail” my packages for me. Today I found out that they sent them regular “first class” (thanks for making it right). I also asked why it is taking SOOOO long for packages to arrive in certain states and not in others. For example. It has been taking two weeks for packages to get to Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, and New York but a mailed one package to California and they received it 4 days later????????

This was the explanation I received. There are daily flights from Greenville, SC to California with the mail service. All mail going to California is shipped to California within one day. They have a faster moving pace than other places. The explantation was that places in PA, OH, there are many small towns with many different post offices. The post master told me today that an average letter to some locations in the north could go through 4-6 different post office before it arrives in city it supposed to go to. This makes first class mail run 5-10 and priority 3-7. I was totally blown away. She stated that the mail is still driven and not flown to most of these locations and that different things can happen depending on the time of day the shipments are received at all locations. This would explain why when my brother lived in Texas it often took him up to 3 weeks to receive packages, letters, etc. from us.

I want to apologize to all my clients for such delay. As I stated at the end of last week I have made the decision to go with UPS from now on (with much regret of having to do this) but I feel in order to get the packages out in a timely manner this is necessary.

There was a shipment from the post office that went out Monday and Today. (they gave me a $15.00 credit for all my trouble) LOL! So I made the last shipments today! If you have an outstanding package, letter, etc that was due in the past 3 weeks please give until next Wednesday to receive it. If you have not received your package by next Wednesday I will be refunding money as well as any other provisions that need to be made (at the expense of our wonderful postal service).

Again,I apologize for such a disaster. I only wish I had spoken with the post master earlier because since January, I have had a ton of trouble with deliveries as well as many damaged packages returned.

Please know that it is my goal to make shopping with Allie B. Originals pleasant for everyone. Thank you so much for your patience and please notify me if you have not received your shipments or letters (we mail bulk everything at one time) by next Wednesday June 29, 2011.

Allison Bagwell

No comments: